PayPal and Pinterest – Super Distraction?
What’s behind this deal?
- Increase users and platform engagement (MAU)
- Grow the merchant value proposition
- Get into the START of a consumer shopping experience
- Enable a new mobile first shopping experience – focused on small merchants – from beginning to end (like Alipay)
- “Inspiration to Action” – They are missing the action beyond a ad click.
- Stalled user growth
- 50%+ Revenue growth with consistent operating loss.
- 454M Users with ARPU of $5.08/User vs PayPal’s $21/User
- Ad Growth to Action. Advertising business with solid advertising relationships with CPGs and large retailers. However you don’t click to buy from a CPG.
- Needs platform to complete consumer journey.
5 thoughts on “Short Blog – PayPal and Pinterest”