First off, best wishes to you and your family during these challenging times. I had intended to get this out last week, but found the need to invest in family. My family is doing fine, I’m fortunate to have all of my children, grandchildren and parents within 10 miles of Davidson North Carolina. We are like the rest of you, navigating needs for family support and volunteering in our community.. All of which has changed up our schedules. My hope is that we all find some way to create good out of this terrible event.
In this Blog
- Massive disruption in Commerce has created fundamental changes in payments and consumer behavior.
- Discretionary and T+E spend is dropping 40-80%. Visa and Mastercard have both revised growth from mid teens to low single digits. Paypal has maintained low end guidance.
- eCommerce is clear winner right now, estimate that Paypal’s core eCommerce TPV could be 40-60% above average
- Consumer behavior changes driven by the pandemic will rapidly accelerate the move away from physical retail (See 1 April WSJ).
- Paypal is very well positioned to capture new volume both short term and long term growth.